Fruity Waffle Sundae



Okay so doesn't that look like something that came straight out of a magaizine!!  Well almost...the recipe did!  A couple of months ago Shape Magazine had some recipes from a book called Cinch!  It claimed that you would drop 10 pounds (or more) by the end of the month...so I was interested.  I decided to look over the recipes and was pleasantly surprised to see that this health food looked incredible!  So I decided that we would try a couple of the recipes and if we happened to loose some weight great!  I wasn't in a place were I wanted to be so structured on a diet so just the thought of discovering some new healthy recipes sounded like motivation enough.

This recipe was called the Fruity Waffle Sundae.  It takes like 5 minutes to make and is delicious!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese or 1/4 cup ricotta (I used ricotta)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup sliced kiwi
1 whole-grain waffle
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (I used slivered almonds instead--yum!)

You simply mix the ricotta and ginger in a small bowl.  Spread the mixture on your toasted waffle and top with a mixture of the pomegranate seeds and kiwi and garnish with the pumpkin seeds.

I enjoyed this sundae the first time I made it, but was a little overwhelmed by the ginger (an ingredient I'm not the biggest fan to begin with) and so the second time I substituted it with a few dashes of cinnamon...much better!

Try it for yourself and let me know your thoughts!

Comments