My Big, Fat (Actually Small) Greek Salad


Tonight was a night of grazing.  We got home from being gone all day and decided to graze on some appetizers.  Around 7:30 we thought that we should eat something somewhat substantial.  I had planned on trying a new recipe for spiced mini burgers with couscous salad, but we didn't want to eat that much.  I had all of the ingredients for my planned meal, so instead I improvised.  

The plan of attack:
I seasoned the mini patties with salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin.  Cumin gives it a robust, greek flavor.  I grilled the seasoned patties in a pan with olive oil for about 4 minutes per side for a medium temperature.  Once cooked, they were placed on a bed of spinach.  The patties were then topped with tomato and basil humus and fresh roasted red peppers.  Additionally, I made a sauce or dressing of sorts (come on, this is supposed to be a salad) to surround the bed of spinach.  The sauce was made up of plain greek yogurt, a dash of dill, and a splash of lemon juice.

Each salad had two mini burgers and after snacking, it was the perfect amount of food with the right amount of flavor!

I'm going to tuck this one away as I think it would be a good appetizer for sometime in the future.  I'm always on the look out for easy, quick, flavorful appetizers to make and this certainly makes the cut.

Opah!

Comments