Mark it!

I have sooo many books I'm looking forward to reading....oh summer please come quickly!  How I long for the days when I have time to sit and read pages upon pages!  Just 22 more days of the school year, but who's counting?

Needless to say, I decided to make some bookmarks.  I was going for a vintage(ish) look and here is what I came up with.


Here's how!
I took a Trader Joe's shopping bag and lightly spray painted the inside of the bag black to get a freckled effect.  I then glued two pieces together so that it had a cohesive look (no labels).  I then took a piece of paper and crumpled it up and then rubbed coffee grounds on it and frayed the edges to achieve a weathered looked.  I mounted the coffee stained paper on the brown paper bag, stamped it, punched a hole in it, and strung some twine through it.  And there you have it...One vintage bookmark!

A quick, simple, recycled, free craft!

Now for those books....

Here's what's on my reading list.
Some of these books I'm currently in the middle of,
others I've never read, and others are due for a second reading!  
   
I'm going to need to make some more of these bookmarks!



So as a new member of the blog world...I just discovered blog parties...I'm a fan!
I'm learning that you are supposed to link up...so here I go!
Here's where I decided to party:

Comments

  1. Love it Kaitlin~
    Did you ever think about selling on Etsy? You should!
    THanks so much for your visit and for leaving such a sweet comment. I'm a new follower to your delightful blog as well!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, Debbiedoos has a Newbie Party every Monday for new bloggers. You should think about joining - it's a great way to meet other bloggers and get ideas.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your book marks! You are so creative. Your list of books looks like the type of books that I would read as well. Happy reading! I only have 14 more days! I am visiting from Inspiration Friday.

    >^..^<
    Susan
    http://mycottagelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl!...Love it and perf for my party!!! When's your first party? Come on, I'll help:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and creative. Ah, yes the lovely days of summer are not too far off.

    I'm so happy to have you joining us at Seasonal Sundays. Just be good enough to provide a link back to Seasonal Sundays so that readers can see all of the entires. Thanks so much.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there....welcome to blogging. Glad you heard about the party. Please add my link or button. I would also move your friends list up a bit so others could see it..I had to scroll all the way down. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I just took a scroll through your blog. Love your values and ideas. Just became a follower. Come visit me sometime. Keep posting.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies! I'm new to this whole blog party thing and so I just added the links I partied at. Please stop by again and thanks for those of you who are now following me! I'm excited to share with you all of the things that I'm doing and I'm excited to see all that you are doing!

    Loving the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I'm looking forward to alot of summer reading too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! I have always had a thing for bookmarks. I love opening up my books to find an adorable bookmark safely tucked away inside. It makes me smile every time. Found you through Debbiedoos Newbie party. I'm your newest follower. Stop by and visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to collect bookmarks, so I LOVE this! This could also be attached to a bookstore gift card as an end-of-the-year teacher gift as well! Thanks for sharing this idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kaitlin,
    We are also counting every last day of school. Looks like you have a great reading list. Your vintage book mark is very cute! Thanks for linking it up! Next, time please put a link back to this Home Sweet Home party in your post also. You are always welcome. Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! I would love for you to come link up on Thursday!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I always look forward to hearing from you!