I'm Stumbling!

Who doesn't enjoy finding new inspiration?  I know I certainly do!

Last weekend we had some of our former high school students over for dinner.  It was so great to catch up with all of them, but I also learned that one of them has been really into crafts recently.  We started talking and she told me about this website that she uses to get inspiration.  I'd never heard of it, but apparently all of the high schoolers use it...so I had to check it out.

I'm officially addicted.

Warning don't try this at home if you are committed to a time schedule...you are bound to loose track of time.  

StumbleUpon is a free website which recommends sites and articles that you may be interested in aka inspiration.


Here is how it works.  You sign up and click on items of interest.  There are many broad categories which you can select as your interests.  [I chose to only select a few interests as I wanted this site to be a resource of inspiration for my blog and home.]  Then you get to start to "stumble."  You will "stumble your interests" (by clicking on that big yellow button) to find sites that correspond with your indicated interests.  


Once a site appears (here is where I think it starts to get good) you can either say thumbs up "I like it!" or thumbs down.  The more articles that you indicate your preference on (with a vote of thumbs up or down), the smarter the program becomes.  Basically the sites become more and more you as you put more and more of your voice out there!



So as I said, it is justifiable to spend lots of time stumbling as your time will payoff in a more personalized experience.

So go forth and stumble!  Add me as a friend when you do!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this LOL I do have a lot of time on my hand so I will check this out. :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I always look forward to hearing from you!