A Summer Hike

Happy Summer Saturday my friends!  Today is a perfect day for a summer hike...well for my husband.  This morning I sent my husband off on a hike up Saddleback Mountain.  The hike is about an 8 hour hike up and down the mountain.  Needless to say my hubby is going to need a little something to eat while on the hike.


I decided to make him some homemade trail mix to sustain him throughout his hike.  I combined walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips.  Simply pour the mix in a bag and he was ready to go.


He should be prepared with all of his snacks to keep him energized for his 8 hour hike.  A Summer Saturdays is the perfect day to enjoy a long summer hike!


Comments

  1. Hey! I am just stopping by to let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award in my latest post :http://mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com/2011/08/versatile-blogger-award.html. I really enjoy your blog! Thanks!

    Emily

    www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I always look forward to hearing from you!