Repurposed Jewelry Box

I am such a fan of repurposing.  It is so great to recreate something shabby into something shabby chic.


This jewelry box was made out of two beat up fence posts.  What was battered was transformed into something charming.  


On the top of the box is a floral shabby chic print which I modge podged onto the top square to give it a glossy finish.  I then added a simple pearl to anchor the box.


The inside of the jewelry box, I wanted to add some great character.  I accomplished this through lining the inside with the pages of an old book.


Character was such an important piece to this project.  Given that the posts were actually in use at one point in time gives them some character.  I easily could have filled the holes in the wood, but decided to keep that rustic look.


The two posts are held together with a small hinge I installed.  The gold hinge was a perfect choice to tie in the rest of the box's look.


The jewelry box came together in such a brilliant manner.  It has such character and beautifully accomplishes its purpose of holding jewelry.


From plain old shabby to shabby chic!  The ultimate compliment was given, "It looks like something that they would sell at Anthropology!"  With that I am well pleased-I'd call this a success.


So what are your thoughts?!  I'm dying to hear back from you!

Comments

  1. Hey! I love this little box! Super cute upcycle!
    Thanks for the feature..you are so sweet!
    Lina
    Fancy Frugal Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks awesome girl! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute box for holding jewelry. I love it. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jewelry boxes come in a variety of sizes and styles, all with the aim to store, protect, organize and display jewelry. Boxes made specifically for jewelry can be made of wood, leather, metal, or various types of fabric.

    wholesale silver jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. You certainly did an outstanding job on that box. You have a wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I should try to do this with a box I have that is plain! ♥ Thanks for sharing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love it.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful I love how it turned out. Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charming. I never would have guest it began as fence posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Thrifty Thursday Link Party. Hope to see you there again tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I always look forward to hearing from you!