Solo Frittata

I love frittatas.  When Josh and I first got married I discovered the frittata...I was hooked!  They were so delicious and I had one fabulous recipe.  The only problem was that I always felt like I had to eat more than I should in order to not waste one bite of that fabulous dish!


My solution: The Frittata for One!  A frittata for one is a great way to personalize what goes into each person's frittata-the possibilities are endless!  I'll share just one of those possibilities with you today.

It all starts with an egg.  An egg seasoned with salt and pepper.  An egg whisked together.  One egg is used for each individual frittata.  If you plan to make four Frittatas for One, you will need four eggs.  

 

Then you take a slice of bread and cut of the crust.  Then slice the remaining into small slices.


Place three or four slices into the bottom of a cupcake pan making a tent of sorts.  It is important to make a tent so that the egg can fill in the open spaces.  Along with the bread place sun dried tomatoes and thinly sliced fresh basil into the cupcake pan.  The cupcake baking pan is the key to achieving the Frittata for One.  It gives the frittata its shape and allows for you to differ your recipe for each frittata if you so desire.


Pour your whisked egg into the cupcake cavity (one for each frittata), filling 3/4th of the space available.


Top with cream cheese and place in the oven for 8 minutes at 400.

 
This is such a delicious breakfast meal and it is truly so quick and easy to make.  It looks way more fancy than the preparation it takes to create this scrumptious breakfast treat.


For my birthday last year, my husband made me a special breakfast in bed which of course included the Frittata for One.  It was a great start to my day!


So go make yourself a breakfast treat and let me know what you think!

Comments

  1. Yum!! That looks delicious and sooo easy! I would love to make a dinner frittata for one! :) I'm putting this on the menu when we get back from our honeymoon!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I always look forward to hearing from you!