Twice Baked Peppers and Sausage Pasta: Quick and Easy

Recently I've been loving making casserole type dishes.  I'm not sure if it is because I have been bringing a lot of people meals recently or if I just like the convenience of their leftovers, but I'm on a role!  These dishes are great to prep ahead of time and bake later.  This past month I created a new little recipe of my own: a Twice Baked Peppers and Sausage Pasta.


Here's what you need:
1 bag of Penne Pasta (or whatever variety you may choose)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pound of sliced bell peppers
3 sun dried tomato sausages from Trader Joes
1 jar of three cheese sauce
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1/4 cup bread crumbs
4 oz parmesan
1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

This dish is easy and the prep time is minimal.  First you start by cooking some penne pasta while you sauté the peppers and sausage in the olive oil in a large pan.  Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes.



Once pasta has been drained add to the pepper and sausage mixture.  Add sauce and stir together on medium heat.  


Mix the butter, parmesan, and bread crumbs.  The mixture will begin to form tougher.  Pour pasta mixture into a greased baking dish.  Then sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top.


Greet pasta with mozzarella cheese.  Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


Take the liberty to bake immediately or later that day.  Both options turn out wonderfully.  I'm so loving this dish-even the leftovers are scrumptious!

Comments

  1. Yum! That looks delicious! And so easy maybe I could even make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I must make this for my hubby!

    Following from Blissful and Domestic. Please comment back
    www.chaoticcantrells.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I always look forward to hearing from you!