A Treat for my Class' Parents: Twix and a Prayer

Last night I held a meeting with my class' parents.  It was a time of casting a vision for this next year and filling them in on details.  Although that was our main objective, I wanted to share a bit of me with them.


As I asked each student to fill out a "getting to know you" form, I too filled out one for them to get to know me.  I revealed to them that my favorite candy was a Twix and so I wanted to share a little bit of what I love with them.  More than that I wanted to share my prayer for them as teachers at home this year.


I attached a little note from me and a copy of the teacher's prayer.  I'm praying this for my parents this year as we partner together.  I too am praying this prayer for myself.  It is a great responsibility to educate, but a great joy too.


This little treat painted a picture of my heart for this year.

Comments