Caprese Chicken

Oh hello my long lost blog world!  I have been out of it for awhile now and I'm missing my little creative escape from reality.  I was unable to find my laptop's computer cord for over a week.  Well it is back and that means I am back too!
-----------------------

Today I wanted to share a little summer treat my hubby and I created!  We were inspired by the Summer Salad I shared with you all a while back and thought we'd experiment and create a Caprese Chicken from things we already had in our kitchen!


First we coated our baking pan with foil and filled the bottom with fresh lemon slices to add a fresh, summer, citrus flavor to the chicken.  We laid chicken breasts which we had seasoned in kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder on top of the lemon bed.  

The aftermath of the lemon bed
We cooked the chicken at 400 for about 30 minutes.  We then added grape tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella and placed the chicken back in the oven to allow the cheese to begin to melt and to finish cooking the chicken fully.  Then it was time to serve!


We served the Caprese Chicken alongside a hot grilled avocado and onion salad in an arugula bed accompanied by the lemon dressing from the tomato and basil salad.  


I loved the whole meal!  I think the chicken could have used a little balsamic reduction to tie the flavors together a bit more for a true Caprese Chicken dinner...Next Time!

Comments