A Song of Thanks!

Thanksgiving is just around the corner!  I love that this is a time that as a nation we all take some time to focus on what we are thankful for.  There is so much to be thankful for and this season I wanted a daily reminder of that in my home.  


This canvas has been hanging on my wall half finished for longer than I care to admit!  My husband actually started this project with the sheet music months ago, but I finally had a vision to finish it this past month.  [If you want a peek at what it was before, click here and look at the last picture.]


I knew that the first thing I wanted to do was wrap the edges with a black satin ribbon as they were unfinished.  Some pieces of the sheet music spilled over to the side, strokes of brown paint, and white canvas shown through in places.  It was the beginning of something great, but Josh lost the vision half way through.  Josh was gracious enough to let me take over and turn it into something new!


I chose to take another piece of sheet music and print out "Sing A Song of Thanks" directly on the sheet.  By placing this onto of the collaged and painted sheet music, it keeps the integrity of the musical theme.  I wanted to frame the sheet to make it pop off of the canvas.  By twisting and working with the wide satin ribbon, I was able to create a flowing look which is reminiscent of the melody of a lovely song.  


I found a sketching of a bird on the internet that I really liked and so I sketched that onto the sheet as well.  I also added a few music notes to turn this ordinary bird into a lovely song bird.  


This phrase is a constant reminder to our family to be thankful.  There is so much to be thankful for this season.  It always brings joy to my heart to remember all the good God has given me and my family.



What are you thankful for this season?  I'd love to celebrate with you!

Comments