Original Art by Josh

I've always felt that art work really enhances a space.  Last summer, Josh and were looking for a piece to go in our living room once we moved and transitioned from one color scheme to another.  We really wanted a splash of color to tie in our decor.  We searched and searched.  We found a few things we liked, but with a $400 price tag we had to pass.

Eventually Josh gave up and said he wanted to paint something for us.  I was extremely nervous about the whole thing, but I went with it (reluctantly).  We bought a huge canvas at Michael's with a 50% off coupon and Josh got to work.  We had originally bought a bunch of paint, but Josh decided to use wall paint.  Therefore our only expense was the canvas which ended up being about $30.

Josh got to work and created this beautiful piece of art.  It looks like the ocean and adds the perfect pop of color to tie our color scheme together in our living room.  People are constantly shocked when they learn that he painted this piece and really so was I.  


About 2 or 3 months ago, Josh wanted to paint another splash of color for our bathroom.  He was inspired after I painted my texture piece (view the tutorial here) and so he too created a colorful piece with texture.

We bought the canvas at Big Lots for $5 an the paint at Lowe's in the Oops department for a few bucks.  

This piece sits on our counter adding a pop of yellow to our bathroom.  It ties the counter in with the rest of the room which includes matching yellow towels.  


Here is a close up so that you can better see the swirling texture.


Both of these pieces are uniquely ours and add a unique splash of color to our home.  I am so fortunate to have a husband who is so talented and creative and spurs me on to be creative as well.  If it were not for him, I certainly wouldn't be exploring my creative side.  

Thanks Josh!

Comments