Get the Look-PB: 5 Days, 5 Ways: Wine Bag

Welcome friends to the last day of 5 Days, 5 Ways looking at how to get that Pottery Barn look!  It has been so fun looking at some different free (or extremely cheap) ways to achieve the P.B. look through "accessorizing."  We looked at voluminous canisters, multi-mat frames, wine corks and twine, and an EAT sign.  Today we are going to be looking at a Pottery Barn wine bag!  This may very well be my favorite P.B. inspiration piece I've created.


This wine bag is supper cute!  I made it out of that same fabric I used for the Multi-Mat Frame.  I tea died the fabric to give it a darker look, just as I did for the frame.


This is Pottery Barn's version of the wine bag.  As you can see they used burlap instead of a canvas fabric.  Their bag has VINO printed on it as if it were a stamp.  I too tried to create that look.  The stencil I had though was much larger, but I was able to fit VINO on my bag as well.


The bag was really simple to assemble.  I simply pinned the material together on two sides.  Additionally I pinned a piece of jute twine in place so that when I turned the bag inside out, the twine would wrap around the bottle so that the bag could be tied shut.  I then stenciled VINO on the bag and it was ready to go!


The wine bag is perfect for a gift or when you are bringing a bottle of wine to a friend's house for dinner.  I know I plan on making quiet a few more so I can do just that!

Comments

  1. Wow very nice! You did a great job on this!!

    Please feel free to link up your wine bag to my Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop! I'd love to have you!! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I always look forward to hearing from you!