Throwback Thursday: Twine Frame!


I can't believe this is the last day of this series!  Crazy how time flies when you are having fun blogging!


For our last entry this week, I created a wooden frame wrapped with twine and embellished with paper craft flowers.  And by created a wooden frame, I mean I bought it at Michael's for a dollar.  


I grabbed one of the oops paints I had bought about a week back at Home Depot for a dollar with the brush and got to work painting.



I simply put one coat of paint.  I wanted a bit of a distressed look and so I didn't worry having a perfect coat of paint.


I then wrapped it with twine around the top.  I had originally thought I'd wrap it around the middle on the top and bottom, but liked this layout much more. 


I used my paper cutter to cut two strips out of scrapbook paper (one smaller than the other)... 


...folded them and glued them together to make a two layer craft flower. 


From there I just need to assemble, so I glued the flowers on to the center of the frame, printed off a picture, and admired the finished product!


The project organically changed into something other than I had originally envisioned, but I really like what resulted.

 Make your own "S" or letter of your choice!



 Be sure to look at the past 4 days' projects!
 herehere, and here, and here.

Comments